Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need to view all of the things my direct reports are assigned to, even if it is outside my area.

Level 2

We have people who manage resources that work on projects outside their Groups/Teams. When they want to see what their people are working on they cannot view everything. The only work-around we've found at this time is to share every project their people have work on but that is not a very elegant solution. We are still using Classic and will be for some time, does anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Andy, an assignment report with the following filter should return all tasks and/or issues assigned to the directs of the person running the report:

Assigned To >> Manager ID Equal $$USER.ID

In the report, you'll want to add "Task Name" and "Issue Name" columns so you know what the assignments are for. Group by "Project Name" and you should have what you need.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 2

Narayan,

Thank you. I was concerned that this would miss assignments where the individual wasn't the "task owner" or primary assignment, but testing proved that it does indeed catch those. We have a lot of managers that make multiple assignments to tasks so their project plans don't get unwieldy but it does have other implications.

Level 10

Hi Andy,

If it's No Big Deal that "everyone see everything" at your shop, one approach would be to create a Group called "All Users" (for example), assign all users to that Group, and ensure that all Projects (and Templates) are shared with "All Users". Once that's all in place -- and provided you keep it up to date -- the Sharing (View, at a minimum) should then be in place to support the reporting you need (such as the assignment report Narayan mentioned).

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

We were headed down that path but I think the report Narayan might solve this issue for us.

Cheers my friend!

Level 10

Excellent Andy,

I wasn't sure if it was a permission thing or a reporting thing you were after, but am pleased if the latter does the trick, because it's far less work.

Regards,

Doug