Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Exporting Programs

Level 3

Is there a way to export the program view that shows all projects (& their status) in a particular program? There is an option to "Share", however my audience is our CEO and Executive team. They do not have Workfront accounts.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Gregory,

Yes, you can share pretty much any report publicly and give the URL to anyone you wish. For example, the WFPro University All Topics view is a task report shared publicly so anyone with the URL can see it. This is handled under report actions, sharing:

0690z000008XiNBAA0.png

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 3

Hi Narayan - Thank you very much for the response! This is not quite working as this is a program, not a report. I am not getting the option of "Make this public to external users".

Level 10

Screenshots are always so helpful! Indeed, you will not be able to share a program publicly. However, if you create a project report and set the filter of the report to to include projects in the "Road Trip Marketing 2020" program, you can share the project report publicly with your audience.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 7

Hi Gregory, on the Program Landing Page, there is a button to Export (see attached screenshot) where you can export as PDF, Excel, etc. It will export whatever information on the projects that you have set up in the to view on the Program Landing Page.

Employee Advisor

@Gregory Lawville‚ There are 2 different ways to achieve an export of a program in Workfront. In the program itself, you can select the Export option (see screenshot here) and select the type of file -- Excel, PDF, etc. You can then send an email to your executives with the attached file.

Another option is through a publicly shared report, as Narayan mentioned. This would require you to create a Project Report, filter for the specific program, add the column for Project Status and then use the Share option to make the report publicly accessible (found via Report Actions > Sharing > Setting Icon > Make this public to external users). Then, you can send the report through Workfront using the Report Actions > Send Report option and enter in the email addresses of your CEO and executive team members.

If you have any questions, let me know!