Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Multiple Custom Statuses Displaying for single label within Status Based Charts

Level 1

My team uses custom statuses for their projects and a couple months ago I added 2 more statuses to help improve the definition for the activity currently being performed within the project. As a result, the old custom status and the new custom status (Example: 5 Artwork Approval OLD & 7 Artwork Approval NEW) are now both displaying as the label for the status related charts, even though the old custom status is not present within any of the projects included within this report. Furthermore, I updated all of the statuses for all of the groups that exist within my organization to ensure there were no conflicting statuses, which corrected this issue for a few weeks. Then suddenly this view returned and I have not been able to get rid of the old custom statuses.

See below for picture of labels for reference:

EPerezCardinalHlth_0-1682111403731.png

Does anyone know where the old custom status could be getting pulled from so I can clean up the data? I can't seem to find any statuses anywhere outside of the groups within Setup and I scrubbed through those statuses multiple times and confirmed each time that they were all consistent and accurate. 

Any insight to help me correct this would be most appreciated!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm saying if any tasks/issues/projects (not sure what kind of statuses these are) are in the old statuses, they'd show in your report unless they're filtered out or status changed. If you renamed your old statuses to new status names and they're still active and used, they will pull into your reports...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, you have Group statuses, but you also have system default statuses. Have you checked from Setup the System Default statuses and that what you're thinking is a Group status is not also showing system-wide? On the Statuses page in Setup, towards the upper right, you can switch between groups and also see the system statuses.

Level 1

I did check the System default statuses and ensured those were in sync with all of the Group Statuses. Furthermore, I inspected the statuses 2 different ways to ensure they were consistent:

1. the method you described.
  2. Went into Setup and went into each group separately and inspected the statuses available within each group.

Both methods displayed the exact same custom statuses. All are in sync however these "old" statuses are still displaying in the labels of status related charts.

Community Advisor

Hmm interesting. I’m not sure, hard without being in the instance. Are you sure all your objects with an old status were changed to a new one you want? If so, are you able to remove those statuses in your report filters? Status not equal…

Level 1

As far as I know I have updated the old statuses within all Groups and System Defaults. Is that what you mean by Objects? I feel like the old status exists somewhere still, I just haven't found where on my own. I know all of the statuses within all of the groups and the system defaults are in sync. But not sure where else statuses could be held other than there.

In regard to filtering out the bad status, I am not able to use this approach because the old status is connected to the new status within a single line. For example, Status displays as "10 On Hold, 12 On Hold". It does not give me the option to sparse out the Old "10 On Hold" out. As a result, I cannot separate via filter.

See Screen shot below for reference:

EPerezCardinalHlth_0-1682428908824.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm saying if any tasks/issues/projects (not sure what kind of statuses these are) are in the old statuses, they'd show in your report unless they're filtered out or status changed. If you renamed your old statuses to new status names and they're still active and used, they will pull into your reports...