Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

MS Project Import Size Limitations

Level 2
I have a MS Project file with 8137 lines that I am trying to import into Workfront Preview for testing, however, I am receiving an error and am unable to complete the process. Does anyone know if there is a limitation on the file size that can be imported? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to handle? Thanks. Christina Debonis New Jersey Resources
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Christina, I'm not sure about the import, but WF does have a limit of 5,000 Tasks. So that might be the issue. > https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Creating-Tasks-in-a-Project-777691087

Level 7
Hi Christina, As Vic mentioned, there is a 5k limitation on the amount of tasks on a project. That said, I typically see that error when there is a problem with the MS Project's timeline, or I've also seen it when using an old version of MS Project (2010/2013), and I've had success reimporting the .msp file into MS Project 2016, and re-exporting it as an xml file, then going through the process again. Give that a go, hopefully that helps. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront