Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Monthly Reporting planned vs actual hours

Level 3

I have been planning around with a report and can't seem to figure it out. I would like to make a report that shows tasks completed in a certain month. IE 9/1/21 to 9/30/21. Then I would like it to pull the people attached to a certain team but it might not be their home team. Anyone have some advice for this? Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Heidi!

This might work for you. If you use this code in a task report, it will show any tasks that meet the following criteria:

1. The Assigned To primary user is within the team called "Email Team" (you'd need to replace "Email Team" with the name of the team that you want to search for)
  2. Actual Completion Date of the task is within the current month (if you need this to be a rolling cutoff of the past 30 days, you could change $$TODAYbm to $$TODAY-30d)
  3. Task Status equals Complete (this is to keep "Cancelled" tasks out of your report, but you can add/remove whatever statuses you need here)

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=USER

EXISTS:a:ID=FIELD:assignedToID

EXISTS:a:teams:name=Email Team

actualCompletionDate=$$TODAYbm

actualCompletionDate_Mod=gte

status=CPL

status_Mod=in

If you need to make your own filters, build them in standard mode. Then, switch to text mode and add the 3 rows of EXISTS filters to the end of your code.

Chloe

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Heidi!

This might work for you. If you use this code in a task report, it will show any tasks that meet the following criteria:

1. The Assigned To primary user is within the team called "Email Team" (you'd need to replace "Email Team" with the name of the team that you want to search for)
  2. Actual Completion Date of the task is within the current month (if you need this to be a rolling cutoff of the past 30 days, you could change $$TODAYbm to $$TODAY-30d)
  3. Task Status equals Complete (this is to keep "Cancelled" tasks out of your report, but you can add/remove whatever statuses you need here)

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=USER

EXISTS:a:ID=FIELD:assignedToID

EXISTS:a:teams:name=Email Team

actualCompletionDate=$$TODAYbm

actualCompletionDate_Mod=gte

status=CPL

status_Mod=in

If you need to make your own filters, build them in standard mode. Then, switch to text mode and add the 3 rows of EXISTS filters to the end of your code.

Chloe

Level 10

@Chloe Rock‚

Possible to get report for specific user with planned hours each week. For example if the task started in week 10 and completion is in week 30 with total of 200 planned hours. That means it should show 10 hours each week wise in the chart column. Any guidance in this regard. Sorry I am not aware much about text code, your guidance higly appreciated.

Mvh

Kundan.