Anyone else running into this today or recently? No matter which View I edit or create -- in web app or within reports -- I choose today, there is no sort option. The option to Summarize this column by is still available. I am in New Experience and full access (sys admin). Typically when setting up or editing views (report or otherwise) there is an option for most column headings to choose which three to sort. Today it is not available on any column heading in view sections.
Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.
Sorry to hear you're out of sorts today (bah-dump-dump).
I've confirmed that my "Sort By" checkbox is indeed still available in New Experience in at least one of my environments, so suspect there are either some browser (e.g. % zoom), cluster (yours, but not mine), or caching (try clearing yours) shenanigan's going on. As a workaround, you can always flip to text mode on a column in a view and then paste in the following (or something similar, following the pattern) to force the column to sort:
I will try your suggestions if still having the issue today (expecting so). I can't do anything about the cluster but can try the cache tip. Can confirm it wasn't a zoom issue.
Thank you so much for the workaround tip. That was the next thing I wanted to try though it now looks like that might not work per Skye's experience (still I can try so as to confirm). If still an issue I'll submit a ticket.
Thank you for your tips.
this is a dumb question but I wanted to just check in and make sure you were editing a view in a report and not a view by itself. I did learn last year that if you are editing a view by itself, those are unsorted by design (this is just how the system works). I did try flipping to text mode and putting in sortOrder to cheat the system but the system remains uncheated.
Good question. I was trying it in both a view by itself and editing existing report views. Wasn't getting Sort By option in any situation.
Originally I thought it was an issue requiring text mode but I didn't know the right code. Researching for the same workaround you tried would have been my next step if I hadn't received any response (loved your phrasing). Will try again today and if still an issue will try Doug's suggestions. If still an issue I'll submit a ticket.
Thank you for your response.
that's very curious but other than asking if you have done any troubleshooting such as using a different browser, clearing cache and cookies, or restarting your computer, I don't have anything. (One of our system admins "lost" something on the page, similar to this but in the setup area, and ended up rebooting to get it back)