Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Managing SKU Revisions + Metadata for DAM

Level 10
We were a little surprised when we started going through the design process of setting up our Workfront instance to find that SKU/artwork management was somewhere between klunky and tedious. Has anyone figured out process/methods for handling a project where dozens if not hundreds of SKUs (packaging artwork) are being updated/created and it is necessary to track unique metadata (UPC, artwork number, brand, sub-brand, etc.) for each individual component? If you're not using Workfront's DAM, how do you get the SKU-level metadata *out* of a project? Fusion isn't an option (out DAM isn't supported) so we're currently staring at developing something through the API. I assume other agencies (inhouse or external) must have to do this same sort of thing, so would love to hear your work-arounds. Kevin Quosig
1 Reply

Level 2
We are Workfront and Workfront DAM users. We have been using the plaforms for about a year. This is also a recent need we discovered - metadata/tagging of documents. I talked with my Workfornt Admin about this situation because the two systems do not "talk" to each other. So, we are creating a custom form that will be added to the UPDATE tab for the document which we will use for tagging. However, once we push the asset to "live" on DAM, we will have to manually add the metadata/keywords after asset upload. This is frustrating but it's the only solution I am aware of at this time. Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org