Expand my Community achievements bar.

Losing task indents

Level 5
We initially set up our templates with all the tasks indented as children like this: Workflow Parent task >Planning Parent task >>planning child1 >>planning child2 >Writing Parent task >>writing child1 >>writing child2 With the updates to the list view that added that grid, we lost the indents under that top Workflow task and had to manually fix projects and I fixed the templates. The fix isn't staying. My traffic people have had to fix every project and I just went into the template that I fixed when they first told me about the issue and the fix isn't there anymore. Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to make that indent save? Kristine Ross
5 Replies

Level 1
I am not having this bug. Our templates are working fine. Lindsey

Level 8
This may be silly and probably something you have already tested, but we ran into this for a few of our users with a recent update as well. We had a few users whose parent/child tasks all flattened out after the update. It turned out to be an issue with their Views setting. Somehow their View defaulted to one that did not show the indents. This can also happen if the Task View is being sorted by Task Name rather than Task Number. Double check to see if this is happening to all users. And, double check to see if their Views or Sorting settings could be causing this. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 4
Hello, Kristine, That's a very strange behavior. Can you please open a support ticket so that the team can troubleshoot it? Thank you! Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 10
I saw this myself and alot of our group did too, I just assumed alot of us were accidentally unsorting the number column when trying to collapse the project view. Reading the above I wonder if it is a view glitch? None of our Views have any sort of "no idents" setup except one (a special view for exporting to Excel). Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Similar of experience faced at the beginning but I agree with Brandon. If this is not the case then you can reset user's profile also(if you are admin). Regards Kundan Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)