Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for Video Production template for Workfront

Level 1

Hi Community: I'm a video producer that heads up an in-house video function at a large financial services company. Workfront is the project management software of choice for the firm, and while I find that the video review tools are solid, I am entirely at a loss of how to use Workfront to maximize project planning and tracking. So, I'm looking to the community for any other video producers/managers who might have templates or best practices in setting up project templates for video production, pre-pro thru post-production and delivery. Any advice and input is also greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 6

I don't work in Creative, so I don't have specific recommendations for you.  But in the Blueprints area of Workfront, I see that there's a template named 'Video Asset Production.'  You might be able to get some ideas from it or tailor the template to suit your needs.

List of available blueprints 

Community Advisor

My advice would be to show the blueprint video template to your video team and ask what they would change/delete/add to that template that more closely aligns to THEIR process. Better to accomodate rather than dictate how they work.

Have them add durations and hours for the "typical" video job. If there are different types of videos that require some different procedures, you can always create sub-templates for add-on tasks. Then you can mix and match to create different scenarios for different types of projects. Like playing Tetris with template parts.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 1

It’s just me and an editor, chiefly, and my boss on the upper-deck tracking along, so it’s really based on how I and the editor want it laid out. I’m investigating the Blueprint template, just waiting for access from our admin. Goal is to just set up a predictable template that we can customize per project, so hopefully that Blueprint template will be a good place to start.

Level 9

We have about 8 different video templates available in our system. Ranging from short under 10 task to 2 minute versions with 60 tasks.  Look at the blueprints but it's closely to what we use as well.