Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Looking for text mode for project filter to show certain parent tasks (along with the subtasks).

Level 1

I have an extensive template built out (160+ tasks) that goes to 2 pages. I want to create a few filters and pick out a selection of parent tasks, that also show children/subtasks.....without having to pick every single task. Is there a text mode for this? or an easier way to filter out tasks so I can keep project to one screen most of the time?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Creating a filter based on Parent>>Template Task ID (inserting the template task ID that you want to filter for) would achieve this.

Another option you have would be to add a custom field to the tasks that you want to display. I often do this on large projects where there are key tasks that need to be presented in reports/dashboards to leadership. I attach a form with a field called "Exec Interest" on it with values of yes or no. I then set the value to yes on any tasks I want to display in reports/dashboarads and filter on that value.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Creating a filter based on Parent>>Template Task ID (inserting the template task ID that you want to filter for) would achieve this.

Another option you have would be to add a custom field to the tasks that you want to display. I often do this on large projects where there are key tasks that need to be presented in reports/dashboards to leadership. I attach a form with a field called "Exec Interest" on it with values of yes or no. I then set the value to yes on any tasks I want to display in reports/dashboarads and filter on that value.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 1

Thank you @Richard_Le_ That worked perfect - forgot how extensive the filter dropdowns can be! ...and mention of custom form on task(s) also gave me a couple ideas