Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

API Calls Not Using Fusion - Not Working After Move to Admin Console

Level 1

We previously used the API key in Workfront and linked other applications to Workfront using Python scripts. When we moved over to the Admin Console, the Python scripts no longer worked. Now we have a different application that we are trying to connect to Workfront but again the authentication isn't working. We do not want/intend to use Fusion for this unless there is no other option. Because we want the trigger to be on the other applications side. Has anyone run into this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello aml7785,

As far as I understand, after migration to Adobe Admin Console, it is not possible any more to use individual API keys for non admin users.

If you are using the general API key from Setup > System > Customer Info, I would try to reset / regenerate the key.

Apart from that, I would suggest adding a Web application under Setup > System > OAuth2 Applications, as it is much more secure and flexible.

Writing the whole authentication process in Python was really challenging to me a couple of months ago, but the result is working like a charm almost every day, and I am also a bit proud of it.

Do not hesitate to ask, if you need help with that.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello aml7785,

As far as I understand, after migration to Adobe Admin Console, it is not possible any more to use individual API keys for non admin users.

If you are using the general API key from Setup > System > Customer Info, I would try to reset / regenerate the key.

Apart from that, I would suggest adding a Web application under Setup > System > OAuth2 Applications, as it is much more secure and flexible.

Writing the whole authentication process in Python was really challenging to me a couple of months ago, but the result is working like a charm almost every day, and I am also a bit proud of it.

Do not hesitate to ask, if you need help with that.

Regards

Lars