Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Legacy Custom Forms

Level 2

Hello, I have a question and hope to receive some guidance from the community. When our instance was set up in 2018ish, we needed duplicate project  custom forms to create a unique project.  One was a associated with a project   and the other was associated with an issue; both were necessary to create a  unique project.  The user would provide project information in the form associated with an issue and the issue would be converted into a project. 

Here is my question:  how best to go about eliminating one form without loosing historical data?   My goal is to move forward with just one project request form.

Thank you. 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there,

I recommend adding the Issue object type to your Project version of the custom form (you can have a form be multi-object so you don't have to have duplicates).

From there, if all of your issues were converted to projects and include the same fields, you can get rid of the old Issue-only form because all of the values would still be in the converted projects since they have the same fields. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Once you make one of your forms a multi-object form, attach/associate it to all the objects that this form was not previously on. The newly attached form will inherit all the values from the previously attached form, and this [previous] form can then be deleted.

Level 2

Hi, thank you for your responses.  I will give it a try and if it works I'll mark correct. 

Using one form will certainly make it easier. 

Level 2

Hello, I made the issue form a multi-object form and then deleted the form.  Fortunately, I tried this in the preview environment  because it didn't work. After deleting the issue form, I lost the information it provided on the projects.  After some thought, my time might be better spent identifying a way to use one form going forward so I can discontinue maintaining two forms. 

Community Advisor

I'm not hearing you say that you attached the multi-object form to your projects. The steps you would have taken would have been in this order.

1) change issue form to be issue + project form

2) attach issue + project form to all existing projects using the old project form

3) delete old project form

Level 2

Hi, you are correct; I did not attach the issue+project form to the existing projects.  I'll give it another try in the sandbox preview environment     

I created a new project using the issue+project form in the Sandbox1 environment and didn't run into any issues so it looks like I won't encounter any issues with opening new projects once the forms are combined.  I'm just a bit leery about deleting the old project form. 

Thanks for your help.

Community Advisor

I hear you. I've had to do this a couple of times, and I'm always suspicious about it, and make sure I really see that the information has carried over into the new form before deleting the old form.