Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

LEAP Session Q&A - Striving to Create an Environment of Self-Service

Level 7

For LEAP 2020, @Christa Levine‚ and I talked about four key components we use to provide users with tools to independently learn about Workfront leaving System Admin’s with less headache and more time to tackle higher priorities. Thereby creating an environment of self-service where the users are empowered to take action by understanding what they can do themselves and when they need a system admin. We’re here to answer your questions and would love to get your feedback.

If you haven't gotten a chance to check it out, you can find our presentation here.

We’d like to hear your thoughts on...

Does your organization strive to provide a self-service model?

What recommendation or ‚Äògotcha’ have you found in the past to be helpful or a hindrance?

Please feel free to tag either @Christa Levine‚ or @Teale McCleaf‚ with anything you'd like to discuss. 0690z0000095NlUAAU.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee

I'm so impressed with how thought out this whole session was.

My first thing is the idea of the doing the intake process with an embedded form right within Workfront! I think that's so genius to get them exposed to the system right away - but also to make them think through what they are expecting from the platform to enable the system admin to set them up for success.

I know this isn't what your presentation was exactly about... but I'm really interested in the example that @Christa Levine‚ shared about capturing the approval statuses on documents to make it more auditable - assuming that's a real use case - sometime I'd love to have you share how you set everything up to solve that use case.

So many great tips in here to get things started.

Another question about training the trainers - how many trainers/SME's do you try to create in a team? Is there a set number you try to hit?

Do you publish a newsletter for the entire company, or by team? How often do you publish the newsletter? Any chance you could share an example of the newsletter that you send?

Level 4

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ : I am so glad that you liked the presentation. Teale and I would be happy to meet with you anytime to discuss the set ups!

Regarding your question about the # of trainers/ SMEs: it totally depends on how big your team/ organization is. I usually find that having 2-5 people is generally the right size. If you get any bigger then you don't receive the benefit of having your trainers/ SME really dig into the system and becoming your first line of defense.

There are a couple of ways our team communicates news to the Workfront audience.

1. Using a website where WF News is published so users can go to see the latest at any time.
  2. Having a group where news/ updates are regularly sent out to users - this is especially helpful for maintenance windows, refreshes of sandboxes and system down
  3. Teams/ organizations themselves create additional newsletters, which are generally a word document that is just updated. An email (or tagging) is sent out saying that this was updated for the users to review. Since this varies by team, I do not have a great example! However, most updates include: 1. Latest updates, Reminders, Tips/ Tricks, Links to important workfront reports/ dashboards.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Christa

Level 10

Hi Christa, Teale:

What a great presentation full of great info! In case you missed it, Live 11 has a couple of segments that you might be interested in watching. Specifically, "Intranet Sites in Workfront" and "Needs-Based Delivery" come to mind since you and Teale touched on both topics. You can find them in the Live Archives.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 7

Hi Narayan,

I'm so glad you like the presentation and thank you for sending this link. We'll take a look at the information.

Best -

Teale

Level 3

@Christa Levine‚ and @Teale McCleaf‚

We're finding that the more and more we can have users create views and filters on their everyday places in Workfront it cuts down on them using external (excel) tracking files.

Becoming a "pro" at the filters, views, reports, etc., would take average users quite some time to master, but just getting something basic like removing unneeded columns, or pulling in the *key* data point they really want into the view is very helpful.

Level 7

Hi James,

Thank you for sharing. I agree, users can benefit from learning how to easily manipulate the Filters, Views and Groupings and this knowledge extends to building reports as well so two fold benefits. :-)

Best -

Teale