Expand my Community achievements bar.

LEAP Presentations?

Level 10
Does anyone have a link to where we can download the LEAP presentations? I've attached the presentation I gave on preparing for using the Capacity Planner. Thanks!
12 Replies

Level 9
The presentations from Leap will be available on the app by the end of the week. In Reply to Lucas Eric:
Does anyone have a link to where we can download the LEAP presentations? I've attached the presentation I gave on preparing for using the Capacity Planner. Thanks!
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at: natebagley@workfront.com

Level 1
Hi Nate, Can you give more clarity on where to find the presentations in the App? I looked around this afternoon and couldn't figure out where they were stored. Thanks! Josh

Level 9
Just had a conversation with the event planners! They're putting the presentations together now. They will be available in the app soon. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 2
Any clue specifically where they would be located inside the app when they are uploaded? Thanks, Dave

Level 9
You should have received a message/alert via the app with a link to the presentations today! In Reply to Dave Bryan:
Any clue specifically where they would be located inside the app when they are uploaded? Thanks, Dave
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 8
Hey Nate, if we didn't attend LEAP, where can we find the presentations/more info on what went on? In Reply to Nate Bagley:
You should have received a message/alert via the app with a link to the presentations today! In Reply to Dave Bryan:
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 9
Hey Brooke (and everyone else)! The best way for users who didn't get to attend Leap to get the inside scoop will be to keep an eye on our upcoming Webinars. We'll be featuring the most popular presentations, slides, notes and all! -Nate In Reply to Brooke Vaughan:
Hey Nate, if we didn't attend LEAP, where can we find the presentations/more info on what went on?

Level 10
Hi: Nate - would you see if my two presentations (and even the one from last year, it is still relevant) qualify for “most popular” status? If so, let’s get a Webinar scheduled. Thanks! Eric

Level 9
Eric, I'll connect you with our Webinar team. I'm sure they'd love to set something up asap! -Nate On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Lucas, Eric < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Hi: > > > > Nate - would you see if my two presentations (and even the one from last > year, it is still relevant) qualify for “most popular” status? If so, > let’s get a Webinar scheduled. > > > > Thanks! > > Eric > > > > > > *

Level 5
Hi Eric I just found your original post through a search. I am just starting to learn about Capacity Planning so your presentation will be helpful when I dig in deeper. I do have a question for you though... Do you have a way to account for 'future' projects that are anticipated but not requested yet in Workfront to include in your Capacity Planning? Our organization also tracks a sales funnel for future growth opportunities and my VP needs to estimate if we can manage the current workload in WF but also how the future growth may impact our resources. I thought about creating a single "Planning" project to estimate resources by job roles based on the information we have and then as each future opportunity becomes reality they would be removed from the Planning project once submitted as a formal request in Workfront. I would appreciate any insight, tips, recommendations to help me out. Thanks!

Level 10
Hi Tracy. Yes, we do have a way of handling work in the pipeline. I call it a “Future Demand Plan”. In it, I create a parent task for each project we feel is likely to be executed in the future. I create child tasks with high level placeholder tasks so that I can model the roles and estimated hours (calculated assignment, then I assign people an allocation percentage per task). I set the dates appropriately and viola! my capacity plan reflects current and future work. The key is to get the dates right, get the role assignment right, and get the allocation percentage to be a sensible number. With those things, your capacity planner will show the load nicely. Does that help? What else would you like to know? If you email me at eric.lucas@crowley.com< , I have more. Thanks, Eric