Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Will Workfront Proof play videos embedded within a PowerPoint presentation?

Level 1

Our team uses Microsoft PowerPoint for presentation decks and then Workfront Proof for reviewing of said decks. The issue we are running into is: When you upload a PPT file, which has an embedded video, to Workfront and then create a Workfront Proof, the embedded video is not playable within the Proofing system. What is seen is a static image with a play button; however, when clicked, nothing activates and the embedded MP4 file does not play.

The workarounds we attempted are as follows:

1. Convert the PPT file to a PDF; however, the PDF creates a static image of the video,
  2. Create a PDF within Adobe Pro with the playable MP4 (which plays within the PDF), then upload the PDF to Workfront Proof; however, we get the same result: A static image with a play button, which does not activate the video, and then
  3. Attempt to create a singular proof by combining the PPT file w/ the single MP4 file by utilizing Workfront Proof's "combine compatible files into a single proof" switch; however, Workfront Proof will not combine a PPT + MP4 file into a single proof...the switch gets grayed out meaning "not possible".

Our goal is to have a single proof with all of the project stills, copy, and videos in ONE SINGLE PROOF so our reviewers can review all elements in ONE LOCATION and not have to have multiple windows open and to reduce the need to navigate to other file locations.

QUESTIONS FOR ADOBE WORKFRONT:

• Do you have any other workarounds to help with this situation?
  • Are there plans to increase Workfront Proof's capabilities to combine various different compatible static + video file types in the future? (FOR REF: The list of compatible files for Workfront Proof are listed HERE: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/proofing-ov...)
  • What is Adobe's comp to Microsoft PowerPoint to build multi-media presentations? 
    • Before there was Adobe Presenter; however, based on your website, this was decommissioned in June 2022.
    • The original thought was: Do MP4's not play in Adobe Workfront Proof based on Microsoft coding that happens in a PowerPoint presentation? If so, is there an Adobe program, which would allow us to build a presentation deck w/ mixed media (stills + video files) that would play in Workfront Proof because the coding is aligned? I.E.: Adobe talking to Adobe instead of Adobe attempting to translate Microsoft?

Any insight, answers to the above questions and/or workarounds anyone has successfully attempted in the vein of one single location to review multiple files and leave feedback in that singular location...I AM ALL EARS/EYES! Thank you all!

@nealgardner_mattel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ah... well... good luck. There's a definite learning curve.

To generate the proof, my guess is, you want to follow these instructions closely

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/create-proo...

(I only tested it one time for another user who wanted to proof Word docs in Sharepoint so people would be able to proof and edit as they go)

i.e. you don't want to link to the sharepoint file, you want to generate a proof on the URL to get there, if I remember correctly.

Then the reviewers all need this separate desktop proofing app:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/use-the-des...

Anyhow good luck.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I just asked my CSM about this and she responded after conversation with the Proof team, suggesting that I upload the powerpoint to a sharepoint sort of thing, and submit it as an interactive proof (via sharepoint url is my guess?). Haven't tried it yet myself, but no reason to think it won't work. 

Level 1

Interesting...I have not heard the term "interactive proof" in my time with Workfront Proof. I'll look to see if there are some how-to's and test this out. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION! We are open to try anything.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ah... well... good luck. There's a definite learning curve.

To generate the proof, my guess is, you want to follow these instructions closely

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/create-proo...

(I only tested it one time for another user who wanted to proof Word docs in Sharepoint so people would be able to proof and edit as they go)

i.e. you don't want to link to the sharepoint file, you want to generate a proof on the URL to get there, if I remember correctly.

Then the reviewers all need this separate desktop proofing app:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/use-the-des...

Anyhow good luck.

Level 1

Thank you again for the note to use the DESKTOP proofing app. Our company is strictly browser based. Is there any workaround for this situation via the BROWSER?

Community Advisor

Proofing team states "Currently there is a workaround where you can use Firefox and a legacy plugin to review URLs in browser."

Level 8

Using an interactive proof based on SharePoint will have limitations if your IT has restricted SharePoint in some ways. In my case, our SharePoint is entirely locked down to internal-use only, so the interactive proof displays a message about not having access. As a result, I can't send SharePoint site pages through proof.

Level 2

This is a challenge for us to. Currently we send the PPT and each video is renamed to reflect the slide that it appears on. For us context is critically important, so they do get sent as a single proof email and they do appear grouped on dashboards, but its a challenge for the project owner and the reviewers to have to open multiple proof files and make comments multiple times over.