Expand my Community achievements bar.

Kick-Start Question: Importing New Tasks through Kick-Start with Multiple Custom Forms and Fields

Level 1
Greetings! I have a question regarding importing Tasks when I am using multiple Custom Forms: I would like to generate a list of Tasks for a Project, and I would like: a) to add two specific custom forms (I know the GUID for both) to each new Task using kick-start, and fill out the fields for each custom form (I have each field identified with DE: and accounted for in the .xls I have compiled). When I export, only one custom form GUID appears under setCategoryID in the export, even for Tasks that I have in the system already that have two custom forms - how do I add an additional one for my import? Thank you! Jonathan
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Johnathan, Originally, Workfront was designed to have only one Category (now called a Custom Form) attached each base object (e.g. Project, Task, Issue, User, etc.), so in the database, there is a column called categoryID on each such object. Kickstarts also existed back at this time when there was only one Category, so setCategoryID is exposed to align with that data structure. As the use of Custom Data took off, someone ruined the party (ehm..sorry folks) by creating Categories with close to 2000 Parameters on them, many of which were calculated fields. For performance reasons, Workfront decided to allow multiple forms, but also set a limit of 500 parameters. As good relational database practices dictate, this new 1:many relationship is now stored separately from the base object, although the legacy categoryID remains (typically storing the ID of the first category attached to the object). With that scintillating origin story in mind...to your question. Noting that I'm guessing here, based on how our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/excel-updater/">Excel Updater solution works -- it could be that if you make two Kickstart passes, one each for each of the two categoryIDs you're trying to load, that the second pass will in fact insert the data. As an aside, this would also be similar to having a view showing a column from each, that once you type data in to each, the forms would auto-attach. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads