Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Kanban Backlog – Predecessor Task Name Column

Level 7
I am looking to add a column to our Kanban Backlog custom View that shows the Predecessor Task. The Task "Predecessors" field just indicates the predecessor number (see below for the associated text code with that field); however, I am looking for the predecessor task's name, not the predecessor number. There is not an out-of-the-box field (that I can see) that will give me this. Does anybody know how I can get the predecessor task name as a column view? I've tried variations of the text code below, swapping out valuefield to name, valueformat to HTML, etc. but have had no luck. Any help greatly appreciated! viewalias=predecessor.plural displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=predecessor.plural valuefield=taskNumberPredecessorString valueformat=val tile.name=component.predecessorslist Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services
3 Replies

Level 7
Hi Terry, Easiest option would be a combined set of columns, the first column would be a collection on the predecessors for that object. The second column would be the predecessor numbers, and the 3rd column would actually be placed inbetween the 2, and then converted to a shared column. This will pull the column to the right, into that column. Then you go back to the first column, convert it to a shared column, and all 3 columns are now 1 column, putting out data in 1 column. See here for what I put together for you: column.9.displayname=Predecessor Names and Numbers column.9.listdelimiter= column.9.listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists column.9.sharecol=true column.9.textmode=true column.9.type=iterate column.9.valuefield=predecessor:name column.9.valueformat=HTML column.10.sharecol=true column.10.textmode=true column.10.value=- column.10.valueformat=HTML column.11.displayname= column.11.linkedname=direct column.11.textmode=true column.11.valuefield=taskNumberPredecessorString column.11.valueformat=val Give that a go, and I hope it helps! The only downside is that the predecessor names won't be a linkable object, so it'll just show the name. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 7
Thanks, Dustin, for the super helpful text code. It is exactly what we were looking for and allows us to have more visibility into what might be holding up some items in our Backlog from being ready. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
You're very welcome Terry, I'm glad you found it useful! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront