Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Job role not assigned

Level 1

Hi,

I don't see any job role assigned to my name. Is it something that I can do or how can it be done?

Regards,

Ratnesh Kumar Roy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I'd advise you to chat with your system administrator about it.

Please understand that the job role attribute in Workfront is supposed to be used as a placeholder in project templates, because it's a way to indicate that specific tasks will take a certain amount of time. Having job roles as a container for the time allows more functionality such as in resource management or workload balancing. The fact that you don't have a job role might be intentional, unless you were set up in Workfront to be resourced or to gauge your capacity in some way.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

I'd advise you to chat with your system administrator about it.

Please understand that the job role attribute in Workfront is supposed to be used as a placeholder in project templates, because it's a way to indicate that specific tasks will take a certain amount of time. Having job roles as a container for the time allows more functionality such as in resource management or workload balancing. The fact that you don't have a job role might be intentional, unless you were set up in Workfront to be resourced or to gauge your capacity in some way.