Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

It appears that tasks can be started and completed without completing the applicable task's predecessor

Level 3

It appears that tasks can be started and completed without completing the applicable task's predecessor.

How can I configure Workfront to prevent this type of behavior and enforce a user to first complete the Task's predecessor?

Or, is this a bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI,

You are able to enforce the predecessor relationship, which will prevent the successor task from being started (i.e., status being changed to "In Progress") until the predecessing task is complete. You can read more on this functionality here.

When entering your predecessor task number, simply put "e" after it. i.e., If task 2 was dependant on task 1, I would type "1e" in the predecessor column.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI,

You are able to enforce the predecessor relationship, which will prevent the successor task from being started (i.e., status being changed to "In Progress") until the predecessing task is complete. You can read more on this functionality here.

When entering your predecessor task number, simply put "e" after it. i.e., If task 2 was dependant on task 1, I would type "1e" in the predecessor column.

Best Regards,

Rich.