Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues converted to Projects

Level 10
Hi, I had some advice about what to look at for Issues to make them clearer, but I'm still unable to figure out how to tell which of the Issues have an associated Project (the Issue was converted to a Project when it came in). Here is a screenshot of the Issues. I know which ones were converted, because this is only 2 days of stuff, but in the future, when we are really using this, I cannot figure out how to quickly tell. Second related question, it seems that the Due Date for the Issue isn't updated based on the Due Date for the Project that was created to finish that Issue. Is there a way to automate this, or do I have to always change the Issue Due Date based on the Project Due Date? Thanks for all your help, you can't imagine how much this forum has helped me through this launch period. Jill Jill Ackerman
29 Replies

Level 10
That's weird. If it's happening every time it speaks to either some setting going awry or something wrong with your instance. The only other thing I would try is converting it to a new project rather than using a template -- if this works then it's a template setting that is holding you back. If it fails then it's a setup setting that is holding you back. -skye

Level 2
Michael - Did you ever figure this problem out? We have never been able to move hours from an issue to a project when we convert the issue to a project. We have to delete the hours from the issue first and then re-key the hours on the project. Julie Sexton Sportsman's Guide

Level 10
Hello ~ I am working in the NE and not able to find where the resolving object shows the project name. What code is used? Thank you, Susan Susan

Community Advisor
Hi Susan, It's something that has to be turned on in your Layout Template for the NE. Once that's turned on, it's at the bottom of the Overview.

Level 10
Hi, Heather. We really don't use templates within my organization. It should be a global option within view and reporting. What template area are you speaking of? Thanks ~ Susan

Community Advisor
Susan, If you're an Admin and have access to Setup, you'd go to Interface > Layout Templates Under the Customize what users see... for a project or task you can turn on "This Resolves" for issues you can turn on either "This Resolves" or "Resolved by"

Level 10
Heather, when you do a template you need to add users, correct? I would need to add my whole organization which does not make sense. Susan

Community Advisor
Susan, We use a layout template for almost all of our users. So I haven't gone looking for where to turn this on if you don't use layout templates. A quick ticket to Workfront should be able to get you where that setting is without layout templates unless someone else here has it.

Level 10
I'm working with Workfront right now. It would be good to have that option as a report versus template, which you can do but I'm having issues with project name showing. Susan