Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Issue Status Mystery

Level 2
A user will change the status of an issue, probably in the 'Update Status' area; workfront creates the automatic update comment. But the issue status doesn't really change. We've seen this happen many times and can't figure out why. Any ideas? Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College
6 Replies

Level 10
Is the issue tied to a Resolving Object? See more on this here: Understanding Resolving Objects Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
I've seen this, but all it takes is a refresh of the page to fully reflect the change in that drop-menu to the right. It's almost like that section of the page is a page all in itself and there isn't any programming in place telling it to refresh when the status has been changed in the "Updates" area. After refreshing the page, is the status change still not reflected? Narayan Raum SunTrust Banks (Data Governance BIO)

Level 2
The issue is not tied to a Resolving Object and this state continues for days with multiple screen refreshes. But, more has come to light. At 2:11 a user replied to a comment creating a 'sub-comment', the same time the email tells us the status was changed. BUT,the sub-comment from the user does not tell us the status was changed! Our hypothesis is that status changes when made in a 'sub-comment' (conversation thread) are causing this. We haven't tested this yet. Ed This is the Update history... This is the email sent after the user entered his comment... Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College

Level 1
It appears that although the status was changed to Awaiting Feedback the system is set to automatically reset the status when the client contact has provided that feedback. In your example Kevin is asking for an update and set the status to Awaiting Feedback three hours ago. Since then, however Steve has responded (23 minutes ago). When this happens Workfront automatically resets the status back to In Progress as feedback has been given by the client contact so Kevin is now aware he has a response (and anyone else following the ticket). Chris Mark Momentum Healthware

Level 10
Ah! Well spotted, Chris. I'd forgotten about that behavior. Ed, since this is an As Designed behavior, if you'd prefer to not have it take effect, consider renaming the default Awaiting Feedback to "DO NOT USE", create a new "Awaiting Feedback" Status (based on either Current or On Hold as you see fit), bulk update as need be, and switch to the latter, procedurally, going forward. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 2
Well that answers a lot of questions! Now that I know this is designed behavior, I plan on educating users to take advantage of it. Thanks for explaining. Ed Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College