Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is there an efficient way to input time + time zone (e.g. 09:00 am PT) that allows for correct chronological sorting across a global team?

Level 1

Currently in our report the time + time zone value is a free form that allows users to put in the string they want to. I've asked users to hold to a certain format HH:MM AM/PM + Timezone but they haven't been diligent about doing it. This is causing an issue when I'm trying to sort and see all the items chronologically.

I've thought about going into a drop down, but that isn't very feasible as we are a global team and trying to get all the timezone would make the drop down incredibly long.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue and have solution for this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3

Jonathan,

Can you explain the purpose of your report? Are these times being used in Workfront projects, such as in Planned Completion Dates? Do you want to see all the times people will be completing tasks in various timezones? If that's what you're looking for it may help to know that Workfront will show time values based on your computer's timezone setting. So if you're in New York you may see a task due to be completed at 4:00 pm while a user in Los Angeles looking at the same task would see that it was due at 1:00 pm.

I hope that helps, but if you're trying to create a report where people enter times in different time zones, Workfront will not allow them to choose a time zone, it will just assume the time zone that the computer is set to.

Chuck