Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Different workflows (teams) for copy and design

Level 2

Hello! First post here. We have been using WF as our creative team's project management tool for two years now. We are the design agency within a corporate marketing org. Currently, copy is provided to us with the initial request and we drop it into our layout. We would like to explore what it would look like to have a copy review workflow that is completely separate with the potential of later tying it to a design project once it is 100% approved. The writer doesn't sit on our creative team and traffic is not involved in assigning or scheduling their work. How do other teams manage this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hello Heidi!

Thanks for doing your first post! We have groups dedicated to @Marketing‚ and even @Creative Agencies‚ that have people who use Workfront in similar ways. Between all of these groups we'll find some people who might be able to help you. I know @Catherine Hayes‚ has some great marketing workflow experience (although I'm not 100% sure it's related to this exact scenario, maybe she can share some insight.

Kyna Baker

Community Manger

Level 2

We group all of our copy tasks within our project, and we have an approval for each one. The design task associated is a dependency on approved copy. The teams use a google sheet for all of the copy (Emails in one tab, Social in another, Ads in another). For content (such as articles) we list those under content. All of the groups work off the same creative brief. It has served us well to a point, however where the copy and design work equally as hard we have run into issues where we feel they need to be produced in direct collaboration to prevent copy that doesn't quite work for the designers being all the way done and approved, and turning into rework.