Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to report on which user added an Actual Completion date to a task?

Level 2

I'm looking for a way to surface the user that filled in an Actual Completion date.

Use Case 1: For many of our tasks, we have several assignees assigned to a task and would like to know which one completed the task.

Use Case 2: We have users shared into projects with Manage access who are marking tasks complete that they are not assigned to.

I've tried reporting on this but haven't found any field to even create a custom column off of. Has anyone tried to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jen,

I can offer a few suggestions:

• Create a Task Report that shows a column for the (multiple) Assignees, the Primary Assignee, and the Last Updated By user. The latter will often (but not always) be the same person who marked the Task as complete, so that person is not the Primary Assignee or among the Other Assignees (which, with some extra effort, are inequalities for which you could filter to retrieve only such exceptions) will then show you such Tasks of Interest (insert sound of wrist being slapped)
  • Create a NOTES report to retrieve (and perhaps filter; likely considerably harder....) the full audit of all Tasks closed within a certain (prompted) timeframe by a certain (prompted) user to confirm "they ought to have done so"
  • And my personal favorite (and recommendation, if it's worth your time), I invite you to adapt my Targeted Auditing Proof Of Concept to track EXACTLY the time and user who set a Task to complete, right on each Task, even if it happens multiple times

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Sorry to be digging up this very old discussion, but I'm having the same issue and found your reference to this "Targeted Auditing Proof of Concept"...of course the link doesn't work anymore. Would love to check it out if it's still online somewhere!

Thanks!

Hi @alisonf34704358,

No worries: the new link to my Targeted Auditing Proof Of Concept is as follows

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/targeted-auditing-proof-of-conc...

To find it (and other special terms of interest), I invite you to refer to my How to Search for Workfront Related Items post:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/how-to-search-for-workfront-rel...

Regards,

Doug