Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is there a way to report on tasks that are complete, but have no actual hours submitted?

Level 4

I was able to create a report showing completed tasks that have 0 actual hours logged on the task.  However, if there is more than 1 person on the task and only 1 of them submits time, the other person's missing time would not populate on this report.  Is there a way to report out on Timecards that have completed tasks with missing actual hours?  Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies

Community Advisor

it sounds like you would just want to use an Assignments report in the same way (with the difference being that rather than reporting on completed tasks, you're maybe reporting on completed tasks with zero actual hours per assignment (not per task)).

Level 4

What would the column be that would show you that a user didn't enter any actual hours?  When you use Task > Actual Hours, when 1 person adds time to a task, it shows time on the task for all users on that task.

Community Advisor

ah, bummer! Was hoping that would work. OK I'll keep thinking.

Level 5

Have you thought about doing a report with collections and the column being assignments and then using an IF statement in the valueexpression to include the name as "" of the assignee if they have time but their name if the actual hours = 0

Level 4

Graham- thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, this terminology is a bit over my head.

What would the subcategory of the assignments column?

Level 4

Elliot- thanks for your reply.  That is essentially what I have set up right now, but the issue with that is if 1 person submits time on a task that includes multiple people, the task falls off the report even though the other people on the task may not have submitted any time.

Level 1

displayname=Actuals by User
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(assignments).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," - ",({actualWorkCompleted}/60)," Hours")
valueformat=HTML

Insert the above to review actuals x User