Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to remove the "Home Team: Name:" from Users view?

Level 2

0694X00000JuYovQAF.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Deborah Baker‚ It looks like you currently have the grouping for Home Team > Name associated with your view. To remove Home Team: Name, you'll want to edit your grouping. Switch to text mode and remove all the lines with the word "name" in them, and then add group.0.name= to the bottom. Your new grouping should look like this:

group.0.name=

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=homeTeam

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name

group.0.valuefield=homeTeam:name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

When you save and close your grouping, now you should see just No Value, Optiv IT, Marketing Strategy Team and Communications Team.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 2

This is great! It worked in Preview. But after I saved this happened. Now I cannot see my User list. I also reset my cache. (I broke my instance!) lol0694X00000JuZNlQAN.png

Employee Advisor

What happens when you refresh the browser page, does the error go away? Likewise, can you navigate to another page or area in Workfront and then navigate back? Is that error still there?

Employee Advisor

So sorry this happened to you! It works perfectly fine in my personal instance. I'm hesitant to have you reset your user preferences, as that will reset your views, filters and groupings back to default settings and impact recents / custom tabs.

I'd recommend you contact Support to see if there is another option. I would try logging out and logging back in as well to see if the error resolved itself.

Community Advisor

you can go into your /setup area to locate and delete your broken grouping and try again. We've all been there! 😂

Community Advisor

Nichole, if you have any power here it would be really nice if the filters/groupings/views dropdowns all populated BEFORE the report lines or error messages did, so we could just change or delete it from there instead of experiencing an irreversible error or having to suffer through a long load (I've mentioned this to other product managers).

Level 2

This was extremely helpful Skye, ty.

Nichole - I'm positive it was user error. I'm going to try again. TYVM!

Employee Advisor

@Skye Hansen‚ 100% - I'll look into this, share my suggestion with Product and see if it's something we can offer an easy fix for!

Level 2

Here's my Code:

group.0.linkedname=homeTeam

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.valuefield=homeTeam:name

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=homeTeam

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

Based on your comment, do I really delete all the lines with Name in them? Sorry I'm new to Text Mode so I probably need the basics. TY

Employee Advisor

No worries, I should have been more clear since almost every line has "name" in it. The lines with linkedname and namekey would need to be removed, so in your code above, lines 1 and 2. Once you remove those 2 lines, add another line to the bottom with group.0.name= and leave it blank following the equal sign.

Hope that helps to clarify things. If not, just let me know!

Level 10

This is one of those ones I wonder why WF doesn't have a "Group Label" field or similar functionality so we didn't have to dive into text mode for such a simple cosmetic change.

Just use a similar interface/technique to how we rename column headers in views/reports.

(Similar to: Why do I have to use text mode to switch from displaying an "ID" parameter to a "name" parameter?)