Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to put the custom forms from a project into a tab at the top of projects.

Level 4
Is there a way to put the custom forms from a project into a tab at the top of projects.
13 Replies

Level 3
That is a great suggestion! I have not found a way and no one I have personally talked to knows how. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 2
If you build a Report with the Custom Form Fields from the project CF and then make the Report a Dashboard then you can add it to a Tab within projects. Also, if you don't use a Filter - you can also attach the Dashboard to any template and it will ready That Projects custom form info. Join me on LinkedIN

Level 5
Sort of. You can create a dashboard for your projects and add that to your custom tabs. Any reports on the dashboard will only show in the context of the project, so a project level report would be filtered to only that project. On that dashboard can be reports with display/in-line editable values from your custom form(s). -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement

Level 10

Do you need to edit the info or just display/export the info?

If you just want to display/export the info, you might like what I did for one of our agencies for their Spec Sheet. The main purpose was just to export custom form data, but you could use it to display information on the first tab if you'd

like.It

is a report that utilized the Shared Column functionality. It then pulls the Project ID automatically as it is part of the layout.

It is a report that utilized the Shared Column functionality. It then pulls the Project ID automatically as it is part of the layout.

To do this, you need to build a report with all the columns you want and then a blank column in between all the columns. Then you start all the way to the right and add sharecol=true

Here is the first few columns so you can see the textmode

column.0.displayname=PRODUCTION SPEC SHEET column.0.sharecol=true column.0.textmode=true column.0.value= JOB NAME: column.0.valueformat=HTML column.1.descriptionkey=name column.1.isInlineEditable=false

column.1.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID column.1.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID column.1.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int column.1.link.lookup=link.view column.1.link.valuefield=objCode column.1.link.valueformat=val column.1.linkedname=direct column.1.listsort=string(name) column.1.namekey=name.abbr column.1.querysort=name column.1.section=0 column.1.sharecol=true column.1.shortview=true column.1.stretch=100 column.1.textmode=true column.1.valuefield=name column.1.valueformat=HTML column.1.width=150 column.2.sharecol=true column.2.textmode=true column.2.value= VANTAGE JOB NUMBER: column.2.valueformat=HTML column.3.displayname= column.3.linkedname=project column.3.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.3.namekeyargkey.0=project column.3.namekeyargkey.1=Vantage Job Number column.3.querysort=DE:project:Vantage Job Number column.3.sharecol=true column.3.textmode=true column.3.valuefield=project:Vantage Job Number column.3.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString column.4.sharecol=true column.4.textmode=true column.4.value= CLIENT CODE: column.4.valueformat=HTML column.5.displayname= column.5.linkedname=project column.5.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.5.namekeyargkey.0=project column.5.namekeyargkey.1=Vantage Client Number column.5.querysort=DE:project:Vantage Client Number column.5.sharecol=true column.5.textmode=true column.5.valuefield=project:Vantage Client Number column.5.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString0690z000007Zk8cAAC.png

Level 10
I will copy and paste this text into a test project and play around with it to see how it will work for me. thank you.

Level 8
This is amazing! Thanks for the tip. I created a report for our project brief to be added to a tab last week, but I hated how it looked. I wanted it look look more like the form, but couldn't figure out how. I'm definitely giving this a shot. Anthony, is it possible for you to share the text mode for some of the other columns that have pre-filled in data such as the sizes, colors and special instructions? My form will already be filled out and doesn't require the editable fields and I'm getting hung up trying to follow your example. I really appreciate your help!

Level 10
Hi Wendy, Manipulating code might be a little difficult so I threw together a video to show you how I did it from scratch. It actually isn't too difficult.

Level 8
This is genius Anthony, thank you for throwing this together! Sharecol is something that gives me the most difficulty in report building, and your explantion made total sense to me. Your tip about starting with the last column instead of the first and working backwards helped me out the most. ________________________________

Level 10
I agree Adina -- great stuff, Anthony. Thanks for sharing! Regards, Doug

Level 8
Wow! The video made it so much clearer and I was able to knock out my reports in no time. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much, Anthony!

Level 5
Anthony- based on the report you shared- I'm going to venture to guess you've tackled the print production process. I found WF didn't offer much out of the box to support their process. Any chance I could pick your brain on how you leveraged WF to support the print production process (i.e- specs, estimate requests, awarding vendors, managing estimates, etc) If so- I'd love to set up a conf call- tks- Karen

Level 10
Excellent quick video - please be encouraged to do more.

Level 10
Hi Karen, Sorry for the long delay. The Community site didn't like me there for awhile and wouldn't let me log in or reply via email. Luckily Nate was able to get it all fixed! So far, we are doing spec sheets and print studio requests in Workfront. The other things you mentioned are done in our Financial tool our holding company requires. Actually we doing a bunch of project-related requests in Workfront as some teams don't necessarily trust the project schedule information and just want immediate action items (long story that requires alcohol). Actually, we doing a bunch of project-related requests in Workfront as some teams don't necessarily trust the project schedule information and just want immediate action items (long story that requires alcohol). What I have is a template called Forms for Your Project. There are no tasks but the queue setup is all configured for them with Topic Groups, Queue Topics, and Routing rules. The PM or Producer attaches that template to their project upon project creation. This way when anyone goes to do a New Issue, they have a drop down of Bug Tracking, MLR Submission, Night Editorial Request, Other Issue, Spec Sheets, Studio Requests, and WebOps Request. And then from there, it breaks down further. Each Queue Topic has a custom form and a routing rule. The only downside with this approach is that if there is some item that wants an out-of-the-box field (i.e. description, planned hours, planned completion date), we can't do that. If you select out-of-the-box fields, they apply to every queue topic.