Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to make a calculated field based off a typeahead field choice in a custom form?

Level 5

I am trying to find a way in a custom form to make a calculated field that would populate the Home Group of a User selected in another Type Ahead field? Is this possible?

We are already asking the requestor to enter their agency in the Queue Topic to determine the routing rule so we don't want to ask them to enter it again to be contained within the custom form. I also tried a calculated field with Queue Topic ID but it didn't populate. The problem we are having is once the issue is converted to a project there is no where to see what Queue Topic/Agency they chose. We have some very novice Workfront users starting to get assigned tasks and are looking for the best way for them to see which agency the task is for.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Nope, and Workfront just today decided to de-priortize the "Typeahad linked to the parent object" idea, rendering typeahead fields operationally useless.

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhPJAA0/detail