Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to lock a project after it has been completed?

Level 2

I was wondering if there was a way to lock a project after it has been completed so no one can leave comments (unless the admin resurrects it?). We have had a couple of completed projects that people have gone and left comments on thinking it would reopen the project, but we don't get any email updates on these projects since they are completed in the system and never knew the person left comments.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Becky - These are the only options available natively on completed projects. 

KellieGardner_0-1716914667180.png

There are manual options available such as unsharring the project or modifying the sharing permissions on projects or likely some automations available through Fusion. 

Employee Advisor

@BeckyK3 Typically, if someone is posting a comment, it is because they are sharing work related updates or replying to another comment - so I'd be curious to know why users are posting comments on completed projects and not tagging anyone? If no one is tagged, no one will receive an update, regardless of whether or not the project is active or completed.

Level 2

@NicholeVargas We have  3 different things happening here:

1. Person approves the project, so project is completed out 100% and then the next day the person goes in and changes their approval to reject or approve with changes.
  2. Person goes into old project and writes comments on the updates instead of asking us to reopen or submitting a new project.
  3. Person goes into the proof and writes on the proof.

These are the reasons we would like to make any completed project locked because they should be submitting a new project or requesting that an old project is reopened. 

Employee Advisor

@BeckyK3 Thanks for sharing additional details! While Workfront doesn't have a built-in option to fully lock projects after completed - there are manual options like Kellie mentioned below. You can remove or adjust the sharing permissions on completed projects so users only have View or No Access, but that would be a manual process (unless you have Workfront Fusion) and likely not scalable. While this could solve your problem, I'm not sure that I would recommend going this route as it is time consuming.

From an enablement perspective, this could be a good opportunity for you (or other Workfront Admins) to continuously remind users that completed projects are now finalized, so all communications, comments, and approvals need to be submitted.