Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Calendar Report

Level 2

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I have a task-based email calendar report to show when an email is scheduled to be sent. The send date task is connected by a predecessor to the design approval task.  I'm researching whether using text mode the field on the report can change color based on the status of the predecessor task.  For example, 

If incomplete the color is green

If complete the color is red.

Has anyone created anything similar?  I'm not great using text mode so any help is appreciated. 

thank you 

Peggy 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Peggy,

Sorry to ask this, but are you looking to affect a report or a calendar?

If a report, you actually don't need text mode. There is an option in Tasks for "Can Start" which relates to whether a tasks is ready to work on or not (if there is a predecessor that is complete or not, or if there is no predecessor at all). You can select this as column and add rules to it for color coding. 

If this is a calendar, you can sort of do the same thing, but you may need to create two separate keys (side calendars) in order to get the colors to come out the way you want. Key 1 = Complete (Red), Key 2 = Incomplete (Green) (is this correct from your description above? :-)). Then create your filters to look for "Can Start", true or false.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarity on anything above. 

Best,

Joaquin

If this was helpful and you can use this information, please mark this as correct to help others find the answer. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Peggy,

Sorry to ask this, but are you looking to affect a report or a calendar?

If a report, you actually don't need text mode. There is an option in Tasks for "Can Start" which relates to whether a tasks is ready to work on or not (if there is a predecessor that is complete or not, or if there is no predecessor at all). You can select this as column and add rules to it for color coding. 

If this is a calendar, you can sort of do the same thing, but you may need to create two separate keys (side calendars) in order to get the colors to come out the way you want. Key 1 = Complete (Red), Key 2 = Incomplete (Green) (is this correct from your description above? :-)). Then create your filters to look for "Can Start", true or false.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarity on anything above. 

Best,

Joaquin

If this was helpful and you can use this information, please mark this as correct to help others find the answer. 

Level 2

Hi, thank you, this is very helpful.  I'm using a calendar.  Sorry for the confusion