Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to display multiple users home group/team names in a view?

Level 2

We are trying to create a view that includes the home group/team of the assigned users. At the moment, we can only get it to pull in the home group/team name of the primary contact. We would like to have the home group/team name of all users assigned to the task/request. Does anyone know how to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

I have a field in a view that is Home Team and hours for the users.

displayname=Assignment Breakdown

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(assignments).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," (",{assignedTo}.{homeTeam}.{name},") - ",{workRequired}/60,IF({workRequired}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour"))

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps

Level 2

You are amazing! Thank you so much!

For those wondering, I used the following to display only the Home Team:

displayname=Home Team

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(assignments).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={assignedTo}.{homeTeam}.{name}

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Word of warning - I see you are not displaying the assignees' names as well. Just so you know, the sorting on collections is not always consistent. I had a local agency admin try where the name and job role were in two different columns, but they didn't always match up. (Meaning the first job role listed didn't match the first assignee listed). So you might want to do a combined column.

Level 2

Hey Anthony,

By a chance have you tried doing this with a typeahead field? (Not sure if its even possible right now?) Basically trying to do the same thing with a user typeahead field, and that users group. Or displaying a user typeahead field and a group typeahead field.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kat

Level 10

Hi - Unfortunately you can't at the moment. Right now, the only attributes to a typeahead field is Name and ID and there isn't a reference to the USER object type. However, I have been talking to Product about this and they are working on this issue for 2021 (no official date).

Level 2

Thanks for letting me know - I appreciate your help!