Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to delete 'New' and 'In Progress' headers on the Kanban board?

Level 4

Is there a way to delete 'New' and 'In Progress' columns on the Kanban board?

The team wants different headers. I've managed to unlock system wide status and remove other status' not needed but those 2 don't seem to delete?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you're using the legacy Kanban boards in the Agile tools, those do tie to system statuses.  And some statuses can't be deleted, I've tried before too.  You can rename them, if that would work for your team.  

Or you could create a new board for the team in Boards like Skye suggested.  Boards can have filter rules, so you could automatically add all tasks on a project to the Board.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure I understand but will give it a try to answer.

If you are referring to the new Boards product, I think you don't need to delete columns, since you can rename them. You can refer to the following documentation on how to rename a boards column.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/agile/boards-in-workfront/manage-board-colum...

From what I understand of Kanban, the whole point of it is to show what there is to do, vs what you're doing, vs what is done. Certainly if the team doesn't want this method, you could try creating just a basic board and configuring everything from scratch?

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you're using the legacy Kanban boards in the Agile tools, those do tie to system statuses.  And some statuses can't be deleted, I've tried before too.  You can rename them, if that would work for your team.  

Or you could create a new board for the team in Boards like Skye suggested.  Boards can have filter rules, so you could automatically add all tasks on a project to the Board.