Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to add custom forms when a task is created or added to a project?

Level 2

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kelly,

Rich is correct, except that using a template isn't the only way to accomplish this.

In the Project Settings, you can add a custom form that will automatically be associated with every new task that is created in the project. The catch is, if you already have tasks in the schedule, you will need to bulk edit them to add the form.

0694X00000DTE09QAH.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Kelly,

If you create your projects from a template, then yes you can automatically add custom forms to every new task that is created. In the projecttemplate settings you can specify a task default custom form (see screen shot below). Then, when you spin up a project from this template, any new tasks that you add to the newly created project will automatically have the default task custom form that you specified in the template settings attached to it.

0694X00000DTDbEQAX.png

As far as I am aware, this is only possible when creating projects from a template.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thanks Richard! But I'm looking for a way to add/create new Tasks.

Community Advisor

Hi Kelly,

The custom form would automatically be applied to any new tasks that you add / create on the project as well. So long as your project was originally created from a template where the default task custom form was set, any brand new tasks that you add to that project will also have the custom form automatically applied.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kelly,

Rich is correct, except that using a template isn't the only way to accomplish this.

In the Project Settings, you can add a custom form that will automatically be associated with every new task that is created in the project. The catch is, if you already have tasks in the schedule, you will need to bulk edit them to add the form.

0694X00000DTE09QAH.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Teale, that's exactly what I was looking for - thanks to you both!

Level 1

Hey Teale,

Can I associate a custom form just to one specific task in a template? I don't need to be attached to every task or new tasks?

Best,

Daniela

Level 7

Hi Daniela,

Yes, you can add the form to the task in the template and it will apply to all projects when they're created. If you need to add it to the individual task on existing projects, just run a task report where the name contains "task name" and you can bulk edit to add the form.

Hope this helps,

Teale