Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way for me to pull the following into a report: the date someone clicked on "Work on It" for an issue and the date that someone updates the issue to a certain status?

Level 2

I can see in the Updates tab who clicked on Work on It (and the date) as well as who changed (and the date) the status of an issue. Below is a screenshot of the Updates tab. In this example, how can I pull the dates 12/17/2020 and 12/29/2020 into a report? Thank you!

0694X00000C11ErQAJ.jpg

15 Replies

Level 8

@Jeremy Flores‚ is/was working on a way to report on updates! Not sure if this would qualify in his report, but possibly! It isn't released yet I don't think, but perhaps he could give us an update.

Also, if you change the work on it button to the 'Start' button and then click the 'Start' then that is the date which is the 'Actual Start Date' which you can report on :)

Employee

Thanks for looping me in @Samantha Isin‚. Yes, the new journal entry report would allow you to report on system updates, including the dates @Lynn Nguyen‚ is showing above. If all goes according to plan, I'm aiming to have this available in Preview the week of February 15th.

Level 4

Hi Jeremy,

Hope you're doing well. I would also love to be notified when this new Journal report is available; I could use it. Please add me to the DL. Thanks!

Steve

Level 2

Thanks for sharing @Jeremy Flores‚ ! Will there be an announcement the week of 2/15 when this will be available? Do you know if after this date I will be able to pull this data into an Issue report? Also, my team doesn't use Preview - could I pull it into a Prod report? Thanks!

Employee

@Steven Hirsch‚ - doing well thanks and hope the same for you. I will let you know once this report becomes available. Thanks for your interest.

Employee

You bet @Lynn Nguyen‚ - yes and it will also be covered in the release notes. You won't be able to pull this in from an issue report but should be able to get to it using a journal entry report. The journal entry report can be filtered for specific Projects, Tasks, Issues, etc. This report would likely go to Production on March 3rd - as long as everything goes well. Thanks for your questions!

Level 10

Hi @Jeremy Flores‚

Please add me also when this report is available. That will be a great option while reporting.

Mvh

Kundan.

Employee

Sounds good Kundan. I've added both you and Steven Hirsch. This report should provide some great value, but is not for the faint of heart 😉.

Level 3

Could I be added to the communication as well? I have a similar need and think this will do the trick (I'd like to see all Projects where any field on a specific custom form was changed within a date range).

Employee

Yes, of course. @Kundan Kumar‚ ‚ @Steven Hirsch‚ and @Ryan Brogneri‚ ‚Äî the new Journal Entry report is available in Preview now with plans to go to Production on Thursday, March 4th. The Journal Entry report will only display custom fields that have the "display changes on the update feed" setting enabled. This setting can be found in Setup > Custom Forms > then selecting the specific field > additional settings.

Another (new) way that you will be able to track changes to Custom Fields is using Audit Logs found within Setup > System. Hope this helps!

Level 2

Hello @Jeremy Flores

Will the Journal Fields ever be accessible via a Project-based (Type) Report? Thanks for your time.

Employee

Hey Seth — Hopefully at some point in the future we would be able to do this, but unfortunately today our db structure doesn't allow it. We did consider this originally, though.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply and have a great day!

Employee

Thanks @Seth Dean‚ - right back at you!