Expand my Community achievements bar.

[STARTING SOON] Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes TODAY at 10am PST! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win Workfront swag!

Is there a text mode way to increase text size?

Level 2
When exporting a report to a PDF, the text is small. Is there a text mode way to increase text size?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 10
Interesting question and one I would be like to know as well. While I am able to do formatting on fixed text on reports as html, I've never been able to do this on the variable field itself and I have not seen it converted to pdf with the modified font size. An option would be to use Stylebot extension on the report or generally the webpage, hit print, then save as pdf. Cheers.

Level 10
Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm having this issue now? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10

If you add a column to the far-left of your view and open a font tag, you might be able to increase all of your data size:

Textmode=true

Valueformat=HTML

Value=<font style="font-size:15px; font-family:Arial;">

Then close it with a column to the far-right of the view:

Textmode=true

Valueformat=HTML

Value=</font>

Level 10
Thanks Narayan; having seen many of your examples, this is very powerful approach. That said, Cory, Polly, Benetta et al...just a caution that even if it looks awesome on screen with Narayan's approach, the tags might not transfer as expected to the PDF, so before you go too crazy with fancy formatting, I'd suggest testing to pdf early (and often). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Performed testing and exporting to pdf - no solution - still defaulted to smaller than desired print. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Narayan, Did this actually work for you? I tried changing the font to 50px so that it would be obviously larger when i exported to pdf in both pdf formats. If this worked for you, then there must be some missing API text mode information. Thanks for clarifying. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Sorry for the additional questions...what does open a font tag mean, when i click add column when setting up the view? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Benetta, unfortunately, after testing this doesn't work for me. Sorry to have sent you down that path!

Level 10
Not a problem at all - I am learning. Benetta Perry APS