Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Is it possible to link a task to an issue to a queue?

Level 4
I would like to know if issues tied to tasks are able to be routed into request queues? Some background on this: What we would like to do is create a "master" project to represent a checklist for projects we regularly complete for our resort pre-opening campaigns. We have an existing checklist in excel that is becoming very time consuming to update. Currently, all of these checklist items are completed with a series of different Workfront projects which all start as user requests. I'd like to tie these projects back to the proposed "master" project. Ideally, each task in this "master" project would represent a checklist item. I would like the users to be able to link issues (requests) to the task in the project. These issue would then route to an existing request queue to be turned into its own project. Any input or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Alyson, I'm still a little confused about the process. Not sure why you need the issues in one queue if you are just going to convert them to projects. A thought that might help you out. For one of our agencies, we have a process for change orders. The PM adds an issue onto their project and assigns the Change Order team. Because they are an assignee on the project, the team gets access to the project to see everything they need. Then they convert that issue to their own project and attach the template they need. For reporting purposes, you can either do an issue report where the Team ID equals your team or you can do a project report where the Owner Team IDs equals the team.

Level 5
Your master project checklist fits very nicely into a Workfront Template -> A checklist of objectives that have to be accomplished. Going from the planned work of a template, through a request queue and issues and then back to projects is going to create some significant issues. Unfortunately when you create an issue inside a task, the information from the task does not transfer to the issue like it does when you create a project/task from an issue. If you really need to do this a lot, I would look at a Workfront-to-Workfront integration such as Azuqua to copy information from tasks into a fresh Workfront request and keep the 2 in sync. AtAppStore also has some ways to keep a loose integration in place, or you can create an API applet to do this work. Issues were originally designed as the opposite of tasks (which is why OpTask is in the data dictionary). So planning to create issues just hasn't been baked in to Workfront at this point. This is a good time to step back and walk through your req uirements with a Workfront expert to make sure you keep this as simple and straightforward as possible. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant