Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Is it possible to limit who can add or remove team members to tasks?

Level 2

Quick question to folks in charge of resource management.

Despite multiple reminders, we still have a few team members who remove themselves or add others to project tasks. Is there a way to limit this to just a group or individuals with a plan license? It really complicates resourcing on projects.

Maybe this is an easy thing to do and I am missing, but I could really use some help here.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7

Hi David,

You've got a couple layers of options to address that one -

• Setup - Tasks & Issues - The global setting for 'When someone is assigned a task' would allow you to grant Contribute access, but explicitly revoke 'Make Assignments'
    • That setting can be controlled Group by Group, so you could focus that security restriction on your problem children without affecting your entire implementation
  • If that global setting were overkill, you could implement the same functionality template by template as well. That would not prevent someone creating the project from re-allowing it, but that's a fairly extreme risk.
  • Failing that, Fusion might be an option but that level is a bit beyond my skillset.

Katherine