Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is it possible to display a custom name in groupings based on what is entered in a custom text field?

Level 7

I have a report that I have grouped by master PO numbers. Instead of using the number to display in the grouping, I'd like it to read what the PO is for. So instead if 257496, I'd like it to say Exterior. I only want this information in the text display of the report grouping - not in the actual data field itself. Is this possible? And if so, how? This is a project report.

0694X00000CIHEwQAP.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Oh okay, so my first thought was right. Sorry, when you said display name like in a column, I thought you meant the column/grouping label which is called display name.

The only thing I can think of is hard coding in all the PO numbers via IF statements, kind of like...

group.0.valueexpression=IF({DE:PO Number}="257496","Exterior",IF({DE:PO Number}="252082","Something Else","What appears when none are true"))

Not sure how many POs you have. But that is the best I can think

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi - is "Exterior" in Workfront somewhere? You can do references or valueexpressions as groupings. Just need a little more info.

Level 7

Not really. I have a custom drop down field where there are 3 options that have the word "exterior" in the selection. And all 3 fall under this 'Exterior' category that would be under the number 257496.

Level 10

The info that you want would need to be in Workfront. Like I have one team that likes a task report for their status, so we use CONCAT for the grouping that has the Project Name - Job Number - Project Owner - Client Lead. But all that info has to be in custom fields on the project or task itself so we could get it for the grouping.

Level 7

Ok. I was hoping that a similar thing could be done like you can do in column views - were you can change the display name. Thanks for your time!

Level 10

OH! I'm sorry. If you just want to update the display name, you just add

group.0.displayname=Exterior

I thought you were looking to have the number changed into Exterior, not the actual words "PO Number"

Level 7
Hmm- I think I didn't explain it thoroughly. That would have it say "exterior" for each group, right? I want each group to have a different name based on the PO number associated with it. Get Outlook for iOS<>

Correct answer by
Level 10

Oh okay, so my first thought was right. Sorry, when you said display name like in a column, I thought you meant the column/grouping label which is called display name.

The only thing I can think of is hard coding in all the PO numbers via IF statements, kind of like...

group.0.valueexpression=IF({DE:PO Number}="257496","Exterior",IF({DE:PO Number}="252082","Something Else","What appears when none are true"))

Not sure how many POs you have. But that is the best I can think

Level 7

Huzzah! That's it. Thank you again - I appreciate your help!