Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to create a report that brings in Custom Fields from 2 different tasks but puts them on the same line?

Level 2

At the moment my report pulls in the data in 2 separate entries, see screenshot.

I need them on the same line so that I can calculate the time difference between the two timestamps.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi Louise,

It looks like you have a task report in the screenshot. You would not be able to show it on that report, but you would be able to do it on a project report using collection reporting, however you would loose the ability to in-line edit fields. The syntax for the column on a project report would be something like this:

displayname=Sent to Branch

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

sharecol=true

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=Sent to Branch

valueformat=HTML

For more info on collection reports, you can check out this article.

Hope that helps!

Level 2

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your help, that has worked I just changed;

valuefield=Sent to Branch

valueformat=HTML

to

valueexpression={DE:Sent to Branch}

valueformat=customDateAsLongDateString

I am now trying to calculate the time difference between the 2 columns, showing the average time at the top (see screenshot)

On similar task reports I have done this successfully with the following code:

aggregator.displayformat=minutesAsMinutesString

aggregator.function=AVG

aggregator.namekey=aversge

aggregator.valueexpression=WORKMINUTESDIFF({DE:Design in Progress Start Date},{DE:Design in Progress Stop Date})

aggregator.valueformat=compound

displayname=Design in Progress TAT

linkedname=direct

namekey=SLA

querysort=WORKMINUTESDIFF({DE:Design in Progress Start Date},{DE:Design in Progress Stop Date})

textmode=true

valueexpression=WORKMINUTESDIFF({DE:Design in Progress Start Date},{DE:Design in Progress Stop Date})

valueformat=HTML

However using this same format, it doesn't work on the project report.

Any ideas how I would calculate?

Thanks,

Louise.

Level 7

@Doug Den Hoed‚ @Anthony Imgrund‚ - I don't think this is possible, but wanted to see if you guys had any ideas!

Reason I don't think it is possible is that since this is a collection report, there could be multiple values for the QC Approved Stop Date and the Sent to Branch date. If you try to do a calculation, the system wouldn't know which values to use (I know in Louise's case there is only one date, but collections is a one to many relationship).

Level 10

Hi Sarah,

I agree: to my knowledge, there's currently no way I to dynamically calculate the difference between two task (collections) on a project report.

However, if you or Louise would consider some advance workplan Black Magic, I invite you to consider my Going the Extra Milestone blog post, which I believe you could leverage to accomplish the date difference you seek.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

Hi Sarah/Doug,

Thank you for your replies. I will have a read through.

Louise.