Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to attach an Excel template file to the request form as a part of the custom form?

Level 1

I have an Excel template that I want the team to use when requesting help for building a SharePoint site or SharePoint list that has everything that I need to know on it. I was wondering if there is a way to attach it so that when a request is sent, they could just download it and send to me when complete.

Wondering if there is a way to attach the Excel form to the custom for so that when the team sends through a request, they can just download the file.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can attach a PDF to a custom form but not an Excel. For your situation, I recommend adding a Descriptive Text custom form field and you can have verbiage for instructions on what to do and link to the excel. Then the users can submit a request but before they do, click the excel link to also fill in the excel that you need. Seems like only option to me. Here is screenshot of when you add a descriptive text field, you have your text and link. Note the whole text will link, not just a portion of the text but that shouldn't matter really.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1695826350628.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can attach a PDF to a custom form but not an Excel. For your situation, I recommend adding a Descriptive Text custom form field and you can have verbiage for instructions on what to do and link to the excel. Then the users can submit a request but before they do, click the excel link to also fill in the excel that you need. Seems like only option to me. Here is screenshot of when you add a descriptive text field, you have your text and link. Note the whole text will link, not just a portion of the text but that shouldn't matter really.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1695826350628.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )