Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is it possible to adjust when planned hours are falling in a given week on unassigned resources in the workload balancer

Level 4

Hi All,

Question for the group. We use the workload balancer to fine tune when our team is needed week to week. The typical scenario is that we have a task with one or two resources assigned to it, that task has 40 planned hours spanning a duration of lets say 10 days. That is spread evenly by default week by week in the workload balancer.

The PMs then adjust the hours for what will actually be needed , lets say 30 hours in the first week and 10 in the second week. This works well when there is a resource assigned to the task.

It does not seem to work when there is no resource assigned to the task, and it is just a role assigned. Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the hours week by week without assigning a resource?

The workaround could be that you have to assign a resource, make the changes, and unassign, but that seems like a lot of work.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3

I'm curious too. I've been wondering about this, and about the 'budgeted hours' being at the role level, but not being budgetable until a user is assigned to that role... which isn't always the case (example: waiting on a new hire).

If there's no current solution other than the workaround by Kris, is there a plan to improve the usability of job roles?