Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can you set a default view on a dashboard?

Level 5

I created a dashboard with a couple of reports in it. I want to set the default view of each report to filter to open issues.

I don't want to filter the full report by that because I want the ability to switch it to look for a closed issue when needed.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want the users to have to click to filter by open every time they view the dashboard.

When viewing the report on it's own it saves the filter view I had but the dashboard reverts back to no filter every time.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 8

The dashboards are currently only a collection of reports. Currently their only functionality is to show a collection of reports all at the same time. It's a bummer because they should be so much more. FORTUNATELY, this is on the roadmap for Workfront to build into their reporting functionality!

Check out this idea in the idea exchange and upvote it! https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSBKAA4/detail

For now, the way I've worked around this is simply more reports. For example, I'll have a report with open projects on the left side and the same report (but closed projects) on the right side. It's not pretty, but it works without having my users change filters.

Hope this helps.

Level 3

That would be a great idea! I currently did what Samantha described - copy paste a bunch of reports, and change their filters so that the right info shows up on the dashboard... other thing that could maybe (?) work for your users, is to 'group by' on the report - they'd have a quick way to see what's open under that blue row, and over time, their eyes will get trained to skip over the unwanted groups...