Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to add documents at the time of creating a new project from a template?

Level 1

We have some projects that go through an Approval Process when the project is created and status is set to "requested". These require documentation, however I haven't found a way to upload any documents until after the project has been created. IF the project is in the approval process then documents cannot be added.

I know we could create the project without being in the Approval Process status, then add documents, then change the status.

Would be best if there was a way to upload the documents at the time of project creation.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I’m not saying this is a great way to do things but we tend to start this type of project off as a request/issue and then after it’s been prepped (files uploaded, in your case), we’d convert it to a project. So think of the initial issue object as a way to have something in the system to continue to flesh out. Otherwise yes, better to start the project in an Idea status and then move it to approval.