Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to add documents at the time of creating a new project from a template?

Level 1

We have some projects that go through an Approval Process when the project is created and status is set to "requested". These require documentation, however I haven't found a way to upload any documents until after the project has been created. IF the project is in the approval process then documents cannot be added.

I know we could create the project without being in the Approval Process status, then add documents, then change the status.

Would be best if there was a way to upload the documents at the time of project creation.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I’m not saying this is a great way to do things but we tend to start this type of project off as a request/issue and then after it’s been prepped (files uploaded, in your case), we’d convert it to a project. So think of the initial issue object as a way to have something in the system to continue to flesh out. Otherwise yes, better to start the project in an Idea status and then move it to approval.