Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is batch project creation possible?

Level 3

I have a user who would like to be able to create multiple new projects at one time. Is it possible to do a batch upload of information? If not, is there a good work around?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only way I know of to do this is with a project kickstart. Are they using a template, or will there be unique tasks for each project?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only way I know of to do this is with a project kickstart. Are they using a template, or will there be unique tasks for each project?

Level 3

Yes, they are currently using templates. I'll have to look into the project kickstart to see if it will be beneficial to them. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi Mary,

There were 2 sessions from this year's LEAP on Kick-Starts that you may want to take a look at if you're new to Kick-Starts

• Kick-Starts: Cracking the Code
  • Leveraging Kick-Starts within Workfront

We do all our planning for the following year within Workfront, so I've been Kick-Starting projects with templates over the pass couple weeks as we enter all our planning projects for 2021. We currently have almost 1000 project in our 2021 AOP portfolio, all but a couple of them were done via Kick-Starts.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Level 10

You can also use API calls. You can even create a GUI that makes it easier for your users. It does take developers to do this though.

We created a portal so users could upload multiple projects in bulk.

0694X00000ArKvpQAF.png

Level 3

These are all great suggestions! Thank you so much.

Lots to think about while I am planning our optimization.