Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is anyone having issues with custom forms or fields with logic not loading?

Level 4
Is anyone having issues with custom forms or fields with logic not loading?
13 Replies

Level 7
I'm not having any issue at the moment. Can you be more specific of the issue? I don't use custom forms a lot, so maybe I just haven't run into the scenario you are experiencing. If you give more specifics maybe I can try duplicating in my environment.

Level 10
Hi, Can you provide a little more info? I have a ton of custom forms with display logic (not a lot with skip logic) and they are all working fine.

Level 1
Are your fields not loading in genera, or when you include them as a column in a report? I'm having an issue with my custom fields not showing in some reports at different levels - ex: project custom form information not pulling on a task report.

Level 10
Yes, we definitely had this problem. I opened a ticket, tech support and I screen shared, they shot two movies of the problem and the errors, and then said they would escalate the ticket. A few days later, someone from tech support contacted me and said they cannot replicate the problem. In the end, because they couldn’t replicate the problem, we just closed the ticket. Here is what he said: 1) The report rendering engine looks up the custom attributes first; 2) If it takes too long to return the custom attributes, the rendering engine throws an error or leaves the column blank; 3) We were getting two things - either the rendering engine said the attribute did not exist or it rendered the report with a completely blank column; He said it was probably latency on our network, causing a delay in how long it takes to return information from their servers, driving the error. If the delay was really long, it said the attribute did not exist. If the delay was short, but long enough, it rendered a blank column. Nonetheless, I believe he revealed something there. If something is running slow, a normally perfect report (with custom attributes) will throw errors. Does this help at all? Eric

Level 4
Yes, we are experiencing this issue. Either the fields don't load or they disappear after someone has populated them. We also are getting errors when we try to change a project status because the system thinks we haven't populated fields that are required even if they are populated or when they're not even in use. We have opened several tickets around this but are still waiting for resolution. Thanks.

Level 10
I have also reported this. The response was: Thank you for contacting Workfront support. This is something that has been reported to us and we are currently working to resolve. I am now going to escalate this issue to our Tier 2 Escalation Team for further review. Let's hope this gets fixed soon. FYI, the calculated columns work just fine for me as an admin, but not for my users.

Level 10
Hmmm, very interesting that you as system admin can see the info and not the users. Out of curiosity, are you running the report on elevated permissions? (i.e. Running the report with your access) Also, what information are you pulling in? Maybe it is coming from a place they don't have access to. Just a thought.

Level 10
Ha. I was told by WorkFront support that the problem was with our network. The guy had no evidence, no metrics, no TRACERT, nothing. He just KNEW it couldn’t be a WorkFront problem, so it had to be ours. (more grinding and gnashing of teeth) ________________________________

Level 10
It's an odd bug. Here is what it does: Run as user "admin", succeeds . Run with the access rights of "joe" while logged in as "admin", succeeds . Run with the access rights of "admin" while logged in as "admin", succeeds Run with the access rights of "admin" while logged in as "joe", fails . Run as user "joe", fails . So, no matter what we do, running the report as a non-admin user fails to load the data.

Level 10
Is it an access level thing? Do you have any restrictions like "can only see thing for their own company, group, and team"? That's the only thing I can think since the access rights of Joe while you are logged in as admin would work but it doesn't work if you have access rights of admin and logged in a joe. Access level trumps access rights. (I learned that the hard way. But that is another story).

Level 10
No, I don't believe so. Running the report with the access rights of admin should override any such setting. Furthermore, we have not changed our access levels recently. This was most likely introduced with a weekend update.

Level 10
They applied a fix to my instance today for this. You may wish to check yours now.

Level 4
So, we were creating a Work Order Form and it was not loading when converting the request to a project. It turned out that it was another exisiting form in the template causing the trouble. See below from support: "On the custom form [...] attached to the template it is set to edit the form you must be an Admin I would recommend change to Manage or Contribute on the form and that will give others the rights to edit the form" Even thought no one was actually trying to manually change that existing form, the system was having a conflict…So, we got on the phone with support and they helped us change the credentials, so it would let load our new form with the exisitng form as well. Does it make sense? I also heard along the line that sometimes things get messed up if you have early access as a preference....