Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Including Data for Deactivated Users

Level 2

We've been in the system for 2 years which means we can finally pull year-over-year data. What I've realized is the data from users that have been deactivated is not included. Does anyone have a solution on how to ensure that data from deactivated users is included in YOY data? I currently have had to reactivate the users to ensure that their data was included. Has anyone had this same experience?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Wanted to pull in number of projects owned by deactivated users on a project report. What I've done so far is reactivated with a reviewer license and added to a "Deactivated User Team" to be able to pull in the retroactive metrics. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. TIA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

what kind of data are you trying to include? Are you running a specific type of report?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Wanted to pull in number of projects owned by deactivated users on a project report. What I've done so far is reactivated with a reviewer license and added to a "Deactivated User Team" to be able to pull in the retroactive metrics. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. TIA.

Level 3

We have an access level that is called "Deactivated User" and it equates with "Reviewer" so that we can distinguish between actual reviewers and former team members. We leave them on their teams and groups so their work will appear on the appropriate reports. 

For security reasons, we change their email address/username to a dummy address on their last day so they can no longer access the account and so others will receive a bounce-back if they attempt to message them directly. However, this does create a scenario in which someone may be tagging them in updates not realizing that no one will see them. 

At this point, we haven't created a process for actually deactivating their account because the data from the past is still relevant for us. That's on my "rainy day to-do list" to figure out, so if anyone has any additional ideas, they would be much appreciated!