Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

A executing FUSION scenario which has executed part way through appears to 'loop' back to the very beginning and 'repeat' for a 2nd time through.

Level 1

A executing FUSION scenario which has executed part way through appears to 'loop' back to the very beginning (to the 'Watch' triggering module) and subsequently 'repeats' for a 2nd time through. What operations can cause this 'branching' back to the very beginning to occur ?

My company's Technical folks who are tasked with supporting both WORKFRONT (SaaS) and FUSION are still learning 'FUSION'.  I've searched the documentation + also attended the 3-day bootcamp FUSION training, however, I did not find any answers in the available documentation nor was this discussed during the bootcamp. 

Would greatly appreciate if anyone has any information on how such 'restart back at the beginning' can occur part was through an actively executing FUSION scenario considering that the only 'looping' type processing I'm aware of occurs with the ITERATOR module's processing. 

Many Thanks for any information anyone can provide ! 

Best Regards, Scott Davis (scott_davis@vanguard.com)     

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hey Scott - 

Based on the initial description it sounds like the scenario is receiving more than one "returned event".  (this is a normal way to help with Fusion performance - for example, in one of our scenarios we have it set to 2000).  This is controlled by a setting in the watch module.

Jason_JB_0-1672839387945.png

Historically, I think the default is 2.

Has the team tried the "explain flow"?  It gives a graphical illustration of how the scenario is working.  (I don't use it much, and others may have insights into any gotchas with it.)

Jason_JB_1-1672839509372.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hey Scott - 

Based on the initial description it sounds like the scenario is receiving more than one "returned event".  (this is a normal way to help with Fusion performance - for example, in one of our scenarios we have it set to 2000).  This is controlled by a setting in the watch module.

Jason_JB_0-1672839387945.png

Historically, I think the default is 2.

Has the team tried the "explain flow"?  It gives a graphical illustration of how the scenario is working.  (I don't use it much, and others may have insights into any gotchas with it.)

Jason_JB_1-1672839509372.png

Level 10

This is a really good example and argument for a step-through function in Fusion. You can execute one module at a time, which helps but a step-through would be way better. The explain flow feature is good if you have several branches in your scenario, otherwise it just bounces from beginning to end.