Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

In House Creative/Studio Workflows

Level 1
All, I am working with a corporate client that has an in house Creative/Design group and they are looking to create a studio production setup. I am curious to hear anything you would like to share about how your streamlined studio production groups are set up to receive work and deliver to vendors. This can be based on how it works with Workfront or what you have changed to work better with Workfront. General goals the team has: - Allow quick turn work to submit through a streamlined channel - Set up quick reviews and approvals to get the work out the door faster - Sift less conceptual work out of the typical workflow so they are not spending as much time on quick turn projects. Very curious to hear about any evolution you have had in this area over the past few years! Thanks- Brandi Whitaker Brandi Whitaker Children's Healthcare of Atlanta- Implementation Consultant
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
We have a design studio and a video studio using Workfront, but both very differently because they work differently. What I did at launch was review in depth the steps for each task that it takes to complete various types of jobs using Task Name, Who Owns the Task, Duration needed for the task. Several things we found out along the way Designers should never be responsible for trafficking around for approval, they will fail at it every time! The project owner is responsible for re-sharing proofs for approvals and to moderate the comments so that when it gets back to the designer/videographer, the edits are clear (ie no questions like "why are we using that photo?"). They also tend to mark things done when nobody else will do it, so they have a clue as to what stage the project is in, and what tasks are still not complete. We cut back on the number of tasks for rounds of approvals, as it conflicts with the Workfront approval stages. We have 4 tasks around proofing: 1st round due from the studio; 1st round edits due from the manager; Final round due from the designer; Final edits due from the manager – and then the final date the materials have to be released xx days later Turns out our design studio has more complex projects and so we make a project with all the tasks for each one and the manager manages it However the video studio hates it, can't keep track, they bounce projects between the 3 of them a lot, and so they only work with Requests/Issues and never turn them into a task or a project. Mostly because they need only 2 things: the brief that is submitted with the request (custom form) and a place in WF to "hold" the proof for the back and forth on the edits. Everybody hates the notifications, except for "You have a proof for review." They are really hard to manage, often redundant, can't figure out which to look at, and basically are ignored. This is probably my fault because I still, after a year, can't figure out the best configuration. Hope that helps.