Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

IMS Migration

Level 2

Has anyone completed IMS migration and if so, would you have a draft email that you provided to you users letting them know what's coming? I can't seem to get any information form the Adobe team I'm working with. We'd like to let our users know: what address is the email coming from, what we should communicate (the "why" this is happening verbiage) and what they should expect. All I know is that each user will get an email form Adobe explaining that they need to create and Adobe account and then we can migrate our users from WF to the Admin Console. They way they will log into WF going forward will be different but I don't know what that looks like or what to tell them to expect. Clueless! Help. This has been somewhat of a nightmare.

11 Replies

Level 2

We migrated back in March... I just sent you a private message with the notification we sent to all end users. Good luck!

Level 1

@maura-k and @CarrieDowning 
I would love any information you can share as well!  I cannot understand anything from the Workfront migration team, and was told all my users need to do was resign in.  I am pretty sure that will not be the case.

Employee

@maura-k Would you mind sharing these with me as well? I've been doing research on how our customers communicate with their end users and this would be a great example to review. You can email it to me directly at farwell@adobe.com if you're open? I won't share it out, but may ping you with follow-up questions if you're open. Thanks for being so generous to share this with others! 

Level 7

@maura-k Could you please share here too?  We're coming up on the migration too and I have no idea yet what this will entail.

Level 2

maurak_1-1688068785972.png

I figured out how to add a picture of the announcement we sent

@Asigmar @SarahWilkersonCA 

Level 4

Hi Maura, thank you so much for posting this. Like @Asigmar, what I took away from my call with the migration team was that our users would only see this Adobe login page once. According to your photo/communication, your users will ALWAYS see the Adobe login page. I'm assuming that your communication is correct - could you please verify? Our users also use SSO, so I don't have passwords on their accounts anymore. The migration team told us they'd need to use a password the first time they log in. We were toying with perhaps just giving all users the same password to login...what did you do here? Thank you again. The information we're getting is quite unclear, and we only just started meeting with Support about the migration steps this week - I had to reach out to Support, who told me to reach out to our AE, who reached out to the migration team to get us started since we hadn't heard anything as of last week. Eek! 

Level 1

Jaye -
We have now migrated and also use SSO. Our experience is that users see the Adobe Log in screen every time they access Workfront. The password is their SSO password.  Prior to migration, when adding a new user, they had to set up a Workfront password when they set up their account - that step is no longer necessary. 

And truly, my personal experience is now when I access Workfront each day I see that Adobe log in page, but it automatically connects me.

I hope that helps!

Level 2

Hi Jaye - Same as Amy, users get the Adobe login screen everyday. We have SSO as well and before the migration, users were automatically signed in to WF when accessing the page and they didn't have to sign in until the next time they rebooted their computer or disconnected from the VPN. Now, anytime they close their browser, they will have to sign in. We had some questions about why they were having to sign in multiple times throughout the day in the beginning but now they are used to it. For some people, they don't need to enter anything on the page and they will be signed in but the majority of people do have to enter their email address then will be automatically signed in. Also, some people get the prompt for the company/school account or personal account and others don't. It doesn't make any sense why because I get that prompt but the other person on my team who has the same exact access as me does not get the prompt ever. I submitted a ticket for it but never got an answer as to why that was happening.

Regarding the password, we never had to setup a password for anyone for the migration. I'm not an expert with SSO so I'm not sure if there are different ways to configure it so that it would require a password but that was not our experience. Prior to our migration, we experienced a lot of confusion based on communications we were receiving. I wanted to make sure we got it right the first time and we were under a time crunch because of our Assets Essentials migration so I escalated it to our Account Exec and he was able to make sure we had the right people helping us with the migration.