Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Document Links Migration from Google to OneDrive

Level 3

Dear All,

Our organisation is considering a move from Gsuite to MS, in efect our project documents will be migrated to OneDrive. Currently, while working with Google Drive where we link project folders to projects in one to one relationship. I wondered if there has been any attempts to mass migrate links / paths from one provider to another, if its possible and if there is any documentation on this subject. We have currently approx 20k projects in the system with aprox 3k live at any given moment and would prefer to avoid manually relinking the project documents.

Any community advise will be much apreciated!

Kind regards,

Lukasz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lukasz,

Interesting challenge, which we’ve heard of a couple of times, and have some related experience and ideas we can share.

Our Export Documents solution backs up all (or certain) Workfront documents (optionally, including prior versions) into a logical folder structure that maps to the original folder location within Workfront for backup purposes (optionally, including a periodic sync to keep the backup current). Those interested are welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com for details.

In your case, though, you’re dealing with linked documents, so our solution will not apply…but can at least provide a sketch of a custom program design’s key API components for you;

I hope that gives you some ideas (both Pros and Cons), and if you proceed, wish you good luck.

Regards,
Doyg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lukasz,

Interesting challenge, which we’ve heard of a couple of times, and have some related experience and ideas we can share.

Our Export Documents solution backs up all (or certain) Workfront documents (optionally, including prior versions) into a logical folder structure that maps to the original folder location within Workfront for backup purposes (optionally, including a periodic sync to keep the backup current). Those interested are welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com for details.

In your case, though, you’re dealing with linked documents, so our solution will not apply…but can at least provide a sketch of a custom program design’s key API components for you;

I hope that gives you some ideas (both Pros and Cons), and if you proceed, wish you good luck.

Regards,
Doyg